When a user creates a profile or makes use of Pedalme’s website ("Website"") and mobile application (“App”), Pedalme collects and processes information about that User of Pedalme services (“User”). In this regard, Pedalme acts as data controller. The protection of the User’s personal data is very important to Pedalme and in the following the User finds a description of the personal data which Pedalme gathers, for which purpose Pedalme uses the information, how long and how Pedalme stores the information and if such information is shared with others.
1. What kind of personal data does Pedalme collect?Pedalme gathers information about the User’s name, authorised work email address, and telephone number, which the User provides to Pedalme via the Website and/or App. Furthermore, the User accepts that information on the User’s journey start and finish points, length and duration in connection with use of bicycles is registered for:
- Ensuring bicycles are returned to a designated ‘Hub’ when not in use;
- Reporting usage of the bicycle fleet to the system administrator;
- Reporting real-time availability of bicycles not in use;
- Locating the bicycle fleet when not in use, for security and insurance purposes;
- Improving available locations and service by understanding the average amount of time a User spends using the bike; and
- Learning about Users’ popular destinations, which Pedalme may choose to introduce as Hubs; and
2. For which purposes does Pedalme use the user’s personal data?The User’s personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to process the User’s request;
- to monitor and report on usage;
- to contact the User;
- to handle enquiries;
- to improve the contents of the Website and App; and
- to communicate to the User regarding the start and end times of a booking, and during usage.
3. Does Pedalme pass on the user’s personal data to others?Pedalme will only transfer the personal data which the User provides on the Website and App 3rd parties related to owning and operating the bicycles, and provision of the service as deemed necessary, in order for Pedalme to provide the User with the service requested. Therefore, the User’s personal data may, by way of example, be transferred to:
- The bicycle fleet owner related to the User account, typically the User’s employer;
- Pedalme’s suppliers; or
- Other 3rd parties if so, required by law, court order or by previous legislation.